Before The Game
- If you can not curl please find your own spare. Check the spare list for your league.
- Arrive with enough time to get changed. If you are going to be late call the club, 613-478-2311, and let your skip know.
- No street shoes on the ice. All shoes must be clean. Please use the shoe cleaner when you enter the ice.
- Start the game with a coin toss to see who gets hammer, and a handshake.
During the Game
- Play “ready curling', make sure when it is your turn to throw you are in the hack and ready to throw when the skip asks you to.
- Sweepers who are on the team that is throwing should stay in front of the hack, giving the thrower a clear view of the skip.
- Sweepers who are not on the team throwing should stand at the side of the ice between the hog lines.
- Keep the ice clean. If you see something on the ice pick it up.
- Skips stand behind the hack, quiet and motionless, brooms horizontal or on the ground until their opponent has delivered the stone.
- If you accidentally touch a stationary or moving rock announce it immediately. It is the opposing skip's decision to either replace or remove the rock.
After the Game
- End the game with handshakes and thank the other team for a good game.
- It is expected that the winning team buys the other team a beverage of their choice after the game. The losing team does offer to buy the second round of drinks.